Training Instructor Vacancy
Base 3 Systems is the largest SAS®-only Consultancy in the UK. Founded in 1996, the Company offers SAS consultancy services to the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Manufacturing and Pharmaceutical sectors and has built a reputation for supplying well-trained SAS analyst developers to the market. All Base 3 Systems consultants undergo up to eight weeks of technical training in SAS programming at the start of their employment carried out by our in-house training team. As we continually strive to improve the calibre of our consultants and hone the relevance of their knowledge, the training team plays a vital role in achieving these goals and in delivering our Company strategy.
We are currently recruiting for an Instructor to join our Education function based in Ulverston, Cumbria. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that consultants are fully equipped with the skills and knowledge required for each client deployment, and providing them with guidance and support in their continuing professional development.
Day-to-day activities will include:
Delivering training in a classroom environment
- Presenting course material and demonstrations
- Responding to questions from course attendees
- Overseeing and assisting attendees during practical exercises
- Formally assessing attendees’ Case Study submissions and providing feedback on an individual basis
Developing and maintaining training materials
- Updating existing courses to improve/expand content or to align to a new software version
- Creating new courses and materials to support specific consultancy engagements or Company strategy
- Generating supplementary exercises and solutions to extend knowledge and understanding of the software
- Contributing to innovative learning strategies
Supporting deployed consultants
- Providing technical support and direction in response to consultants’ queries
- Providing training materials, and individual support where necessary, to consultants studying for the SAS Certification professional qualifications
- Display good communication skills (oral, written and presentation) with previous experience of presenting technical information to an audience
- Have a friendly and approachable nature
- Possess good organizational and leadership skills
- Exhibit a methodical and calm approach to their work
- Have prior experience in an analytical role
A current First Aid qualification would be beneficial but is not essential, and qualification as a Certified Base or Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 would be advantageous.
Salary band: £30,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience.
Application Date Extended. Please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday the 30th of June 2017. Please include the reference ULVTR in the email subject.